County Kerry, Ireland
In September, 2002, I went to Ireland for two weeks. This was my
first visit and because I had so little time I limited my trip to S.W. Ireland.
I had talked to many people before the trip and had heard the following:
1. There is very little use of color in Irish architecture.
2. Although it is an attractive country, it rains every single day.
3. Every day the Irish greeting is a cheery "top of the morning to ye!"
You can't believe everything you hear.
1. If you look at the image above you'll find some use of color.
2. During the two weeks I was there I witnessed one rainfall which lasted about
10 minutes. (I should note that the residents told me that it had rained almost
without interruption from May through July; the day I got there a dry high front
moved in and stayed for two weeks.)
3. On my last morning there I asked my bed and breakfast host why nobody every
greeted me with "top of the morning to ye!". He replied that the Irish don't say
Ordering, Framing and Shipping Information
Artist Statement * Show Schedule
Please call 1 757-247-0055 or E-mail
for price and availability,
or check my Art Fair Schedule to purchase this
photograph in person.
The quality of the original photograph is much higher than we
within the limits of this web site. Slight tonal changes and blurring
around the areas of strong contrast are a result of the JPEG
compression process, and are not part of the high quality originals.
Please note: the copyright notice that you see in
the image above
will not be visible on the photograph that you order.